Sunday, March 6, 2011

Trains,Planes and Automobiles

I hope you are all having a good weekend ,things have been a bit hectic here.We flew to Melbourne on Thursday and went to see Bryan Ferry (aka Roxy Music). I enjoyed the songs I knew but the fact that most of the time the music was overpowering his voice meant it was difficult to hear the words. A quick dash back to Launceston Friday afternoon as Steve had to go into the office .

On Saturday we flew to Sydney and went to see Imelda May , bed at 1.00am ,up and back on the plane at 11.00am ,literally a flying visit.My Aussie bloggers who watch Graham Norton may have seen her). She is very popular in England and was touring before she came to OZ. A very talented singer her style is "rock a billy" which she has brought back to life. This type of music was popular before I was born but now appeals to a wide age group( I'm guessing the age range in the audience between 18 and 70). Most of the young ones dressed in the fashion of the time and if I had known I would have made the effort myself.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend ,if I'm lucky I may get some cards made Monday or Tuesday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds like a fun time, well done!

Have a great rest of weekend, and new week!